SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: decision-making rant

Saturday, February 04, 2006

decision-making rant

Hi,

I would like to make my pitch for embracing the indecision in all of us.

Tonight, I would not like to decide when to go to bed, or which homework assignment will be taking my free saturday night away from me. But instead I will let the natural course of action take over. That action may be sleeping at 9 p.m. or staying up until the sun rises. It may involve travel or not moving a muscle until someone else forces me to.

I don't want to decide whether I'm Democrat or Republican, smart or ignorant, or whether I'm active or lazy. I would like to embrace my completeness by not verifying what I am and what I'm not. So here's my point. I'm made up of thoughts, theories, and experiences, and I'm sure you are as well. So let's not bind ourselves by placing us in some specific category in life.


So embrace your indecisiveness and live by the seat of your pants. It's really not a bad way to live.

JL

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 07, 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I feel the same way.
So many people want to pigeonhole themselves or create a label for themselves so that they feel like they "belong" somewhere. And if you don't make certain desicions (like if you are Republican or Democratic, or what your career path will be) you are thought of as flighty. Obviously, a life cannot be led without making certain desicions, but we shouldn't be defined by the things that we choose. They are only little parts of who we are.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home