SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: Stuff about blogging

Monday, February 20, 2006

Stuff about blogging

(as if I knew anything)--Okay, so blogging is something I definitely never thought I would do until I got into this class. I think a friend of mine blogged his trip to Europe last year, but when I heard about his "blog" I didn't know exactly what it was a reference to. It was a word that sounded like "blob" but was in some way facilitated via the information superhighway. Now that I am an amateur blogger myself, I can see why people get into these things, especially when they are communicating with friends or family from long distances. My number one problem with blogging at this point is my life is much the same today as it has been for the past several years. I therefore have a hard time picking out salient details that strike me as inspiring to write about. I'm going with the St. Louis Blues right now. One thing that's nice about sports is that it always offers something to write about, for periods of months at a time. Another nice thing about sports, as a good friend of mine so eloquently put it, is that they have absolutely nothing to do with anything that's going on in the real world. Is it any wonder so many people find such meaningful escapism in the accomplishments of superhuman athletes? I certainly don't think so.
While the NHL is inactive for the next couple weeks, I may well be reduced to writing about the goings on in my personal life. Steve's Hamster's Wheel analogy is a particularly apt one, I think, but if hamster's had poetical or literary tendencies it is conceivable they would write about running on those skinny little bars--and all the glory and the agony that accompany.
Someday I want to take a trip to a foreign country, just (okay, well not "just") so I can start a blog and write about things being totally different, and know that people back home will actually read it sometimes and be interested in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home