SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: Bloggers of the Class Unite!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bloggers of the Class Unite!

A lot of us have been grumbling about the look of our class blog. Since I couldn't think of a good way to contribute verbally this week, I decided to contribute creatively. I've created three new templates (complete with custom banners) that we, as a class, can vote on for our blog. Of course, I don't want to declare myself the class designer, so if anyone else wants to create one, go right ahead. And, since I'm not the teacher, I think Donna should reserve the right to the final decision. And for my final disclaimer, any of the following templates can be tweaked and modified. For example, any one of those banners can go on anyone of the blogger template choices and any colors can be modified quite simply. So if you have a suggestion for a tweak, please leave a comment and I'll put together a new template for the class' consideration.

Now, without further adieu, here's the fruit of my labor for your consideration. When you visit, make sure you roll your mouse over the banners at the top, they change if you do:

1. Green Rounded Corners
2. Blue Minima White
3. Pencil Minima Black
4. You can also vote to leave the class blog as is
5. Or you can vote for none of the above options, but if you do that I think you should be willing to offer an alternative.
New choice: Green Pencil Rounded Corners

I tried briefly to incorporate a poll, but I thought that people leaving comments might be better because then everyone can offer any suggestions for tweaks or add their own template for class consideration. I'll leave it up to Donna to decide when the new (if we choose one) template should be implemented. For now, enjoy and vote for your favorite.

Update (March 20, 2006): If you want to incorporate a banner into your blog, I've written up a page detailing how you would do that. On said page, you can also download one of the banners I've made (including some not shown here) to use, if you are not artistically inclined. You can check that out here.

Update #2 (March 20, 2006): KR suggested that we give the black and white banner a green hue to match the green Rounded Corners template and mesh those two styles for our new template. So now we have another option to choose from. You can view the new choice, Green Pencil Rounded Corners, by clicking here or in the list above.

Megan @ Chronicle of A Book Retold

12 Comments:

At Mon Mar 20, 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

My favorite is the black one...but I'm voting for the green. We Blog needs some color, so we don't look like depressed emo myspace bloggers.

 
At Mon Mar 20, 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I vote for one also. I like that it maintains the green of our original We Blog identity, so it's not completely unfamiliar -- just updated. Although, I like the design of all the headers.

 
At Mon Mar 20, 09:19:00 PM, Blogger KR said...

I like the whole green motif of #1, but I like the header of the black one (#3). Megan, you said maybe we could mix and match--is it possible to put the style of #3's header on the first template, but in green or with a little color in it?

 
At Mon Mar 20, 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Yeah, I'll work on that tomorrow and throw it up for everyone to see.

 
At Mon Mar 20, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Alright, I was bored, so the new template choice is up. You can see it by clicking here.

 
At Tue Mar 21, 09:04:00 AM, Blogger amy said...

Wow. That is awesome that you did all this.
I for one enjoy the Blue Minima White. I also equally enjoy the new one you made. So, my final vote is Green Pencil Rounded Corners.

 
At Tue Mar 21, 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Megan said...

I guess I should vote (even though I'm biased). I was a big fan of the black and white, but after working on KR's suggestion of sticking that banner on the rounded corners template and greenifying it, I'm sold. I'm officially voting for Pencil Green Rounded Corners.

 
At Tue Mar 21, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Final answer from me: pencil green rounded corners. Good job, Megan! Is there a cut of date/time for votes?

 
At Tue Mar 21, 03:44:00 PM, Blogger Megan said...

In the email, Donna said we'd implement the change after Spring Break so I guess everyone has until the end of next week to vote.

 
At Fri Mar 24, 09:01:00 PM, Blogger KR said...

Megan, that looks so great! I vote for the new one, Pencil Green Rounded Corners. Thanks for doing all this!

 
At Fri Mar 24, 09:02:00 PM, Blogger KR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thu Mar 30, 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home