SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: It's Official

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Official



I now feel like a full fledged member of the blogosphere. I should be getting my badge and certificate next week.

Click here to view my credentials.


The other day I posted on the class blog a followup to my presentation, "Vlog: Blogs In the News", which you can read here. That same day I visited one of my regular blogs, Thought Mechanics and noticed that they were now featuring guest columnists. Off to the side on their main site was a link to submit your own post. Seeing as my post on ABC offering shows free over the internet fits with the general tone of their blog, I gathered up my courage and hit send on the submission link.

Amazingly, enough this morning I had an email in my inbox from the blog's creator, Theorn Parlin, saying he had posted my submission.

It's weird, I never actually thought that they would put that post up. After all it was just me ranting. But I guess that's a great illustration of how the blogosphere is really a grassroots movement. Heretofore I considered a #7 blog on Technorati out of my reach. Those guys obviously know what they are talking about and I write about a class I'm in and the books I read and my terribly agonizing experience trying to get into graduate school. But this one time I had something to say about the world and it feels good to be taken seriously.

Of course, this is a great chance that I'm making a much bigger deal out of this than it really is. They probably looked at it, said hey this contains the right amount of skepticism, seems semi-coherent, and doesn't having spelling errors (I think)....Let's post it. But still it means something to me and now I finally get it, this whole blog thing, I just wish I could articulate this feeling better. Everyone should give it a try. Make a new connection. Contribute to something larger than yourself. It's 9:57 am and I feel like I've accomplished a whole lot today.

[Crossposted at An Ideal... and Chronicle of a Book Retold]

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 12, 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Very cool!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home