SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: My voice

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My voice

One thing I've never had a problem with is finding my voice. I've always known what my opinions are, and how to say them. I think that is my most powerful attribute in writing, and pretty much carries all the weight of my blog. I love this class because so much of it is about voice. I really feel like it's the one class where I do have a voice. My other classes are pretty boring and most of the things I say in class or write about really lack any motivation other than to churn out another paper or get a good participation grade. It's just that I don't care. I don't care about Byron or Melville, or Patrarchan sonnets. I try to bring my own voice into those other classes, but it usually comes off stale and totally forced. This class is the ultimate outlet for a free voice.

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 14, 05:36:00 PM, Blogger Holly Leach said...

I agree with what you're saying about this class being an "outlet for free voice." The fact that we have such free range and that voice is so encouraged in this class has allowed me to produce some of my best writing in years.

 
At Tue Mar 14, 09:07:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

It's the beauty of blogging. Taking up blogging last year got me excited about writing in a way I hadn't been for sometime. I'm glad it's working that way for many of you, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home