SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> < We Blog: I don't really like that idea.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I don't really like that idea.

I don't like the idea of a grade pitch. I'm definately going to do it, and I know it could be beneficial for me, but does anyone else feel like we(the students) have just gone a bit to far? I think all the work we've been doing is our grade pitch. The quality of our work should be the argument for the value of our grade. This typed argument for our grade seems to be an attempt to rationalize receiving a higher grade than we deserve. I'm sure Donna understands this, and I hope that my blogging on my own blog is a much stronger case than a typed plea for an A.

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Teek said...

This ISN'T the real world! It's a class in school. The real world is the world past school where yeah, pitches are necessary, because I agree that it is you vs. everyone else, but we're not competing for grades here. Everyone can get an A, but only if their work merits that. Not because you're like, "I see that you may think I deserve a B, but here's why I think I should get an A." If the teacher thinks you should get a B, then you should get a B. And I'm not just talking about this class, that goes for every class so you can forget about sucking up to Donna. If that's what you think I'm about, I suggest you read my post, "My last day as a punk" And why would I care what anyone else in the class recieves? In my opinion, everyone has got a good blog going. I think the portfolio is a good idea because it's a good final project for the class, kind of like a term paper. I'm going to do a grade pitch, only because it's required, but I'm just saying that students shouldn't have a say in the grade given by a teacher. Effort is the student's way of earning a grade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home